There is a set of very interesting updates from the European Boating Industry.
Final conference at Brussels
23 September 2015 was the day the EU financed Boat Digest project held their latest conference at Brussels and presented the outcomes of their two years work. Here is a collection of presentations given at the event – and of course you can access them directly also via EBI’s youngest newsletter:
Presentation 1 (Mirna Cieniewicz, Secretary General at EBI & Pierre Barbleu, APER)
Presentation 2 (Lola Rodriguez, LEITAT)
Presentation 3 (Pierre Barbleu, APER)
Presentation 4 (Barredo)
Presentation 5 (Giancarlo Olimbo, EBA Vice president)
Presentation 6 (Antimo di Martino, Environment & Sustainability Advisor at UCINA)
Presentation 7 (Ewa Tomczuk, EU Affairs Officer, EBI)
Though officially concluded with the conference, the Boat digest website will continue to offer training and information materials for free, for a minimum of five years from here. Have a look at their site!
Italian Version of the RCD available on 2 October 2015 – plus a free workshop!
Regarding the EU Recreational Craft Directive, its regulations are meanwhile just around the corner: Less than 4 months and they will apply. Reason why, quote, “the European Boating Industry together with its Italian member UCINA Confindustria Nautica are happy to invite you to the workshop on the new Recreational Craft Directive 2013/53/EU. It will take place on Friday, 2 October 2015 from 14:30 to 15:30 at the International Genoa Boat Show. The event held in Italian will be a perfect opportunity to present the new legislation and the Italian translation of the EU RCD Guide will be officially unveiled there.
Developed by European Boating Industry and ICOMIA, the RCD Guide is now available in 6 languages (English, French, German, Italian, Estonian and Swedish) at the price of 3.99 EUR. More translations, such as Czech, Spanish or Polish are planned.”
- Info campaigns on EOL yachts: Canada update - December 16, 2016
- New thoughts from the industry: Eric Sponberg’s update - September 21, 2016
- Sustainability in the Marine Industry: Conference at Amsterdam RAI - March 22, 2016
- New sustainable material: Renewable plastic from CO2 and plants - March 18, 2016
- Composites Market Report 2015: Some useful recent figures - December 15, 2015
- The Presentation Slides: ‘The Future of Yacht Recycling’ Amsterdam 2015 - November 23, 2015
- Amsterdam Yacht recycling conference: A Summary - November 18, 2015